Bacon & Cheese Pasta
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
Description Quick hearty ramen noodles.
- 3 oz pack ramen (any flavor)
- 1⁄4 c shelf stable bacon
- 1⁄4 c shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 t granulated dried garlic
- 1⁄4 t red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 t ground black pepper
- 1 T olive oil (1 packet)
- 1 1⁄2 c water
- At home:
- Combine the bacon, cheese and seasonings in a snack size zip top bag. Tuck the pack of ramen and oil packet with it. If doing the recipe FBC style pack the ramen in a quart freezer bag (discard the ‘flavor’ packet for all 3 methods).
- In camp:
- Freezer Bag method:
- Bring the water to a near boil and pour over the pasta. Seal tightly and put in a cozy for 5 to 10 minutes. Drain off the water and toss with the oil and then the seasoning bag.
- Insulated mug method:
- Break up the ramen, add to a large mug. Add boiling water, cover tightly and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Drain off the water and toss with the oil and then the seasoning bag.
- One pot method:
- Bring the water to a boil in your pot and add in the ramen. Cook for 3 minutes, drain off remaining water carefully and toss with the oil and then the seasoning bag.
Use any ramen brand/flavor as the ‘flavor’ packet is discarded. If you can find baked ramen or chuka soba noodles use them instead.[br]Find shelf stable bacon often in the salad dressing aisle or meat department of most grocery stores.[br]Olive oil packets can be found online through www.minimus.biz and www.packitgourmet.com[br]Dry weight: 6 ounces