In a quart freezer bag:
- ¾ cup instant mashed potatoes (plain)
- 2 Tbsp dry milk
- 2 Tbsp shelf stable Parmesan cheese (green can)
- 1 Tbsp dry Alfredo sauce mix
- ¼ tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Also take:
- 1 Tbsp or 1 packet olive oil
Add 1 cup near boiling water and the oil, and stir well. Seal and let sit until cool enough to eat. Stir before eating.
One Pot Method:
Bring 1 cup water and oil to a boil in a small pot. Take off heat. Add in dry mashed potatoes, stir well. Let cool a bit before eating.
To make heartier with a dose of protein, add a 3 to 5 ounce can (make sure it has a pop top), or 7 ounce pouch, of chicken breast (include any broth) with the water.
Dry weight is 4 3/8 ounces. If adding in a 7 ounce pouch chicken, 11 3/8 ounces.