Savory Broth Powder
- 1½ cups dried shiitake mushrooms (about 1 ounce)
- ¼ cup diced air-dried sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup dried celery
- ¼ cup dried celery leaves
- 2 2/3 cups Large Flake Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ cup onion powder (not onion salt!)
- 2 Tbsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried rubbed sage
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
Add the mushrooms through celery leaves into a dry mixing container for a Vitamix 5200 Blender or a similar high-speed blender, process on medium (about 5 on a Vitamix) until powdered. Add in remaining ingredients, process on medium until just mixed, stirring as needed.
Store in an airtight container.
Use 1 Tablespoon broth mix for every cup water.
Makes about 2½ cups.
You can find the mushrooms in big containers for cheap at Costco (in the produce department). With the tomatoes, pick up really dry ones. I use these ones from Frontier.