DIY Salsa Mix
Description Make it yourself dried salsa, great for adding to meals.
Recipe type: Dry Mixes
Cuisine: Dry Mixes
- 1⁄4 c diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 T diced dried shallots or onion
- 1 T tomato powder
- 2 t diced dried jalapeños
- 3 pkt true lime powder (3/4 tsp)
- 1⁄2 t sugar
- 1⁄4 t dried garlic
- 1⁄4 t ground black pepper
- 1 pn salt
- 3⁄4 c water
- Add ¾ cup room temperature water, stirring well and seal tightly. Let sit for 30 minutes to an hour to rehydrate. Knead the bag gently every 10 minutes or so.
- Can be sped up by using warm (not boiling) water.
- Makes 1 cup salsa. This is a considerable amount, you may want to halve the recipe.
For spicier salsa up the jalapeños to a Tablespoon. This would work well with part of the tomatoes replaced with diced dried bell peppers or freeze-dried mango.