Cheddar Cheese Sauce Mix
Description DIY cheddar cheese sauce mix, perfect for pasta, rice and more.
Recipe type: Dry Mixes
Cuisine: Dry Mixes
- 1 c dry milk
- 6 T cheddar cheese powder
- 1⁄4 c butter powder
- 1 1⁄2 t dried garlic
- 1⁄2 t onion powder (not onion salt)
- 1⁄2 t ground black pepper
- At home:
- Mix all the ingredients together. Store in a tightly sealed container. Keeps for up to 4 months, keep away from heat and for best long term storage, store in your refrigerator.
- To use:
- Each serving is about 7 Tablespoons. To make s sauce combine 1 serving mix with ¼ cup water. You can cook up 4-ounces pasta, drain off all but ¼ cup water and mix the sauce in, adding a Tablespoon of oil if desired, for a homemade mac and cheese.
- Also use the powder in any number of recipes calling for 'cheese sauce powder' for a natural version (some commercial brands contain artificial dyes).