Description Chewy Gorp energy bars
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 pk 12-ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz butterscotch chips
- 1 c quick cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 c honey
- 1⁄2 c dried cranberries
- 1 c golden raisins
- 1⁄2 c shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 c chopped cashews
- 1⁄2 c chopped peanuts, walnuts or almonds
- At home:
- Melt chips in a double boiler or in microwave (carefully if you use the microwave) and blend in the honey. Pour over everything else in a large bowl. Mix well, working fast. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan (or use the parchment paper way described in the fudge recipes).
- When partly cool cut into bars, whatever sizes you would like. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Store in the frig or freezer till trail time.
With homemade items try to eat your product within 3-4 days of baking it. Most homemade items can be frozen safely in advance (cut into individual portions, wrap, and store in large freezer bags.). Most frozen items are good for 1-2 months in a freezer.