Description Breakfast or trail mix, it works great both ways.
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 c freeze dried fruit, chopped
- 1 c breakfast cereal of choice
- 3 T maple syrup
- 2 T natural dried coconut
- 1⁄2 c old fashioned oats (not instant)
- At home:
- Preheat oven to 275. In a large glass bowl mix the oats, cereal and the maple syrup, tossing gently to coat.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and spread the mixture on the sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until light brown and crispy. Check and stir at 15 minutes.
- Let cool, stir in the freeze dried fruit and coconut. Store tightly sealed in a bag or container.
- For trail:
- Bag in amounts you like and take with you. 1 cup makes a good cereal serving.
Apples, bananas, strawberries, even mangoes work well for the fruit. Add in vanilla extract or cinnamon for more flavor.