Crunchy granola is an easy no-cook breakfast backpacking recipe for the trail. It also makes a crunchy trail mix.
Maple Pecan Granola with Raisins
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Sucanat or raw sugar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup raw pecan pieces
- ¼ cup sliced raw almonds
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seed kernels, unsalted
- 1 Tbsp raw or toasted ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp raw sesame seeds, white or brown
- 2 Tbsp Organic Shredded, Unsweetened Coconut
- ½ cup raisins, preferably organic
Preheat oven to 275°.
In a large bowl combine the oats through sesame seeds. In a small bowl whisk the wet ingredients together, pour over the dry and stir to mix. Spread evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet.
Bake for an hour, stirring once halfway. Take out and gently scrape up, add the coconut and raisins, stir in. Let cool fully, then package in an airtight container.
Makes just over a quart.