Instant Oatmeal Packets
Description DIY packets
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
- old fashioned oats
- quick cooking oats
- Put ½ cup old-fashioned oats at a time in a blender or mini food processor and blend on high until broken apart and somewhat powdery. Set aside in a small bowl, and repeat procedure if you are making a bigger batch.
- In each pint size freezer bag put:
- ¼ cup quick cooking oats
- 1 Tbsp powdered old fashioned oats
- 1 Tbsp dry milk, soy or rice milk powder or coconut cream powder
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt (if desired)
- FBC method:
- Add ¾ cup near boiling water. Stir, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 5 minutes.
- One pot method:
- Bring ¾ cup water to a boil, take off the heat and add in the dry ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for a couple minutes.
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal:
- 1 Tbsp sugar, ¼ tsp cinnamon and 2 Tbsp diced dried apples.
- Sweetened Oatmeal:
- 1 Tbsp sugar.
- Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Oatmeal:
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar and ¼ tsp cinnamon.
- Raisins and Brown Sugar Oatmeal:
- Tbsp packed brown sugar and 1 Tbsp raisins.
- Hippy Oatmeal :
- 1 Tbsp wheat germ and 1 Tbsp diced toasted pecans.
- Peaches and Cream Oatmeal:
- 1 Tbsp full fat dry milk and 2 Tbsp diced dried peaches.
- Confetti Oatmeal:
- 1 tsp decorative cake/cookie sprinkles.
- S'More Oatmeal:
- miniature marshmallows and 1 Tbsp chocolate chips.
- Cookies and Cream Oatmeal:
- 1 crushed chocolate stuffed cookie and 1 Tbsp full fat dry milk.
This is an open ended recipe - make as many packets as you would like!