Description Sweet couscous pilaf
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
- 2⁄3 c couscous
- 1⁄4 c dried chopped pineapple
- 1⁄4 c ground freeze-dried blueberries
- 2 T ground freeze-dried bananas
- 2 T brown or raw sugar
- 1⁄2 t ground cinnamon
- 1 t vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 c water
- At home pack everything but the oil in a quart freezer or sandwich bag. Pack the oil in a bottle (or use a packet).
- FBC method:
- Add 1½ cups near boiling water and oil. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 10 minutes. Fluff the couscous.
- Mug method:
- Add 1½ cups boiling water and oil. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff up.
This recipe is from Freezer Bag Cooking: Trail Food Made Simple.