Fruity Breakfast Bulgur
Description A nice filling breakfast for the trail.
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
- 1⁄4 c bulgur
- 2 T apples (diced and dried)
- 2 T golden raisins
- 1⁄2 t cinnamon
- 1 T powdered milk
- 1 pn nutmeg
- 1 pkt honey
- 1⁄2 c water
- Combine all ingredients, except the honey packet, in a pint freezer bag. Take the honey packet along with you in the bag.
- To prepare the meal using the FBC method:
- Add ½ cup near boiling water. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Stir in the honey.
- To prepare the meal using the Mug method:
- Add ½ cup boiling water. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. Stir in the honey.
For a vegan version substitute maple syrup or agave nectar for the honey and use rice or soy milk powder.