Eggs & Taters
Description One bag hearty breakfast
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
- 1 pk freeze-dried eggs (see note)
- 1 pk flavored mashed potatoes (see note)
- At home mix the eggs and potatoes together. Split evenly between two quart freezer or sandwich bags.
- Take one bag and add 1½ cups near boiling water. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir well before eating.
- Insulated mug method:
- Follow above directions, adding boiling water to dry ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes.
- One pot method:
- Bring the water to a boil in your pot. Turn off the stove and add in the dry ingredients, stirring well. Cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes.
For the freeze dried eggs, Mt. House is the best choice. You can use plain, with peppers or the sausage version (for meat lovers). For the potatoes look for the "add 2 cups water" style, where everything is added. Herb, cheese or loaded baked potato flavors work well.